Cheerleader Mamma

Thursday, October 26, 2006

20 yrs ago



Well it was a Sunday night and we decided to go to church. My doctor told me on the Friday before " I will see you next week if not before". Guess what doctor? My obstetricion. Yes I was 9 months pregant with my first child and due any time the ultra sound said I was due oct 26. My doctor said the 27. Well at approx 4pm i started to feel real different I could not put myfinger on it but what did I do called Mom. What are some of the signs I said of going into labor? She told well I do not remember having any of those. So a little while later we went to church. We lived in Guelph at the time. During the service I really was not paying any attention when they acually started but they did yup contractions. I remember a usher asking Ron if I was ok He said yes just a bit uncomfortable as this is her first. We came home and I decided while I was making Ron something to eat I would clean underneath the sink as I was looking for something and could not find it. Next thing I knew everything was out of the cupboard and on the floor. I was washing the cupboard out before I put everything back. I then felt stronger contractions and called my mom once more. I then called my sister and let her know what was happening. We then proceded to call the hospital and the doctor had previuosly called on the friday and said I might be calling as he was not on call but another doctor was his name was Dr Tovell. I told them what was happening and they said come in and get checked out. Well I did not leave for 4 days Haloween. Yes she was born at 3:28am at 6lb and 13 oz. She was nicknamed their little red head her hair was dark red. we named her Meghan Joyce. She was our first and very challenging in the beginning what first child is not. We found out at 5 months she was allergic to milk and I had to put her on soy things went better from there. she settled down and was not so restless. That was my life 20 yrs ago tonight. Following is a picture of her and her sister cleaning up the yard on Sat she is on the left. Then of the 2 of them with there dad he threw them into the pile to begin with he said it was all premeditated.

4 Comments:

  • Happy Birthday Megs!! You have grown into a beautiful woman, inside and out. We love you lots.

    Uncle Dave and Aunt Shannon

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:11 a.m.  

  • Happy Birthday wow 20...goes so fast doesn't it! my oldest will be 13 in March...freaky!!

    By Blogger Lala's world, at 5:38 p.m.  

  • I am a little late here, but I loved reading the story!!

    By Blogger momsmusings, at 11:01 p.m.  

  • Aww..thanks mommy...You know how busy I have been or else I would have checked out your site earlier...Love ya lots!!!!!

    By Blogger Meggles, at 10:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home